RMS Privacy Statement
You understand that PCYC will disclose your personal information to the Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) and that it may be used by the RMS for the purposes of verifying your Learner’s successful completion of the course and/or contacting the Learner to discuss feedback on the course.
Otherwise RMS will not use or disclose your personal information without your consent unless authorised by law. Your personal information will be held by RMS at 101 Miller St, North Sydney NSW and you can contact RMS to request to access or correct it.
PCYC Privacy Statement
PCYC is committed to the Privacy Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
For PCYC to conduct its activities and comply with Government law and regulations, it is necessary to collect and use certain kinds of personal information about Club Members. That information includes the information collected in this Enrolment Form and is a result of being a member.
PCYC Cancellation & Re-booking Policy
MODULE ONE: GROUP DISCUSSION
- Every effort will be made to re-book the participant where the participant has requested that the session be rescheduled. If the Learner cannot agree to an alternative date then PCYC will refund 50% of the course fee.
- If a Learner cancels a session and notifies PCYC beforehand they will be entitled to a refund of 50% of the course fee.
- If a Learner does not show up to the scheduled course without prior notification they will not be entitled to any refund.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted after 10 minutes after the scheduled Module 1 start time. If the Learner leaves the Module 1 session early then they will be deemed as not completing the Module.
MODULE TWO: IN-VEHICLE COACHING
The in-vehicle Coaching Module is specifically designed for two participants. Every effort will be made to re-book the participants where possible. If the participants have completed Module One then:
- If a booked Coaching session is cancelled within the 24 hour period prior to the appointment time then a $75.00 re-booking fee will apply to the Learner cancelling the session
- An alternative session date and time will be agreed to by all parties and must be undertaken within one month of the Module One session date
- If this alternative session is cancelled for whatever reason then the course fee will not be refunded and the requirements of the course have not been fulfilled
- If one party decides that they do not wish to continue with the course then every effort will be made to accommodate the other Learner in a Coaching session
- Late arrivals will not be accommodated after the scheduled Module 2 start time and will be deemed as not completing the Module
DRIVERS OF MODIFIED VEHICLES
- Disabled drivers will be catered for with a Coach specially trained in Driver Rehabilitation. The Disabled Driver must participate in a Coaching session with another Learner Driver and then will complete their practical exercises in their own modified vehicle.
- This modified vehicle must be registered, roadworthy and comprehensively insured. The owner of the vehicle agrees to supply this vehicle for the In-vehicle Coaching session
Club Member Agreement
Enrolment in the Safer Drivers Course for Learner Drivers with PCYC entitles the Learner to complementary PCYC Junior or Senior Membership (as applicable). A Membership Card will be available for collection at the start of the course
- I have read and understand the PCYC Code of Conduct and acknowledge that misconduct may lead to suspension or cancellation of membership in, and access to, a PCYC Club
- I authorise PCYC to obtain all necessary medical treatment which may be required by me (or my child or ward) whilst in the care, control or custody of PCYC, including any anaesthetic or surgical attention, which may be prescribed by an appropriately qualified medical practitioner. I acknowledge that the costs of any such treatment, including ambulance fees, will be my responsibility
- I authorise PCYC to exercise all reasonable control, necessary in the circumstances over me (or my child or ward) or over my (or my child’s or ward’s) behaviour whilst in the care, control or custody of PCYC
- I authorise PCYC to undertake Police Checks on me as part of its membership acceptance and review processes. I acknowledge that initial and continuing membership and volunteering are subject to any decision by PCYC, at its absolute discretion, based on such Police Checks and recommendations
- I authorise PCYC to use my, or my child or ward’s, photographic image and/or voice and/or words (all known as ‘digital resource’) for promotional purposes. I assign any and all rights, title and interest in the digital resource to which I or my child or my ward may be entitled in law, to PCYC, and agree to make no claim for compensation for the use of the digital resource
- I am fully aware of the range of activities run by PCYC and consent to my or my child or ward’s participation in any activities run by PCYC, or its agents
- I understand that participation in PCYC activities involves the risk of injury and/or loss and damage to my property and that I participate in PCYC activities at my own risk
- Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW Ltd, its staff, management, volunteers or agents are not liable for any personal injury, loss or damage of property or expenses, including medical expenses, which I or my child or ward may suffer at the Club and/or as a result of a PCYC activity
- I acknowledge that I have provided medical information only for emergency purposes in this form, and that PCYC is not liable for failing to use this information in any circumstances
GIVEN UNDER DIVISION 5 OF PART 1 OF THE CIVIL LIABILITY ACT 2002 (NSW)
Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW Ltd ABN 89 40 152 271 (PCYC) advises of the risk of damage to property, or of personal injury or even death if you participate in the Safer Drivers Course for Learner Drivers.
All participants are required to drive in a safe and responsible manner in order to minimise these risks.
Participants are also advised that they may be personally liable for any damage to property or loss arising from injury or death caused by or contributed to by their participation in the Safer Drivers Course for Learner Drivers.
PCYC does not accept any responsibility for any loss suffered by any person arising from their participation in the Safer Drivers Course for Learner Drivers.
If a claim is made against PCYC for property damage or personal injury or death, then PCYC may claim indemnity against the person who caused the claim to be made. All participants in the Safer Drivers Course for Learner Drivers participate at their own risk.