Book the Course, Earn 20 Hours towards Your Learner Driver Logbook
The best strategy to improve a young, novice driver’s awareness of driving risk is to provide them with a relevant and relatable learning experience that really prepares them for when they become solo drivers. Whether you’re the parent of a child who is learning to drive or are a teenager approaching your P1 Provisional Licence test, you’ll feel a distinct difference when you book the Safer Drivers Course .
The Safer Drivers Course counts towards 20 hours of Learner Driver Logbook time and provides strategies for handling road risks and guidance against risk taking behaviour. This is incredibly valuable for young drivers, as the experience and guidance means awareness and practice in:
- Safe following distances
- Crash avoidance spaces
- Speed management
- Safe gap selection
- Hazard perception and observation
- Managing peer and lifestyle pressures
These strategies are a great asset for young drivers who are transitioning to unsupervised driving - Better preparing them for the potential situations and conditions that may face them during their driving.CUSTOMERS, PLEASE NOTE: PCYC is currently updating our payment system. If you are having any difficulties please feel free to call us on (02) 9625 9111 and our friendly staff will assist you with your booking.
Young (inc. Cootamundra, Temora and West Wyalong)
45 The Young Sports Stadium, 45 Lachlan Street, Young, NSW, 2594
Phone: 02 6382 5392
Cowra (inc. Grenfell)
40 Young Road, Cowra , NSW, 2794
Phone: 02 6341 2035
228 Gurwood Street, Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650
Phone: 02 6921 5873
Parkes (inc. Forbes)
PCYC Parkes, Pearce Street, Parkes, New South Wales, Australia
Phone: (02) 6862 3825
Orange (inc. Blayney)
2-10 Seymour Street Orange, NSW, 2800
Phone: 02 6360 2249
Search For Postcode :
RMS Privacy Statement
You understand that PCYC will disclose your personal information to the Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) and that it may be used by the RMS for the purposes of verifying your Learner's successful completion of the course and/or contacting the Learner to discuss feedback on the course.
Otherwise RMS will not use or disclose your personal information without your consent unless authorised by law. Your personal information will be held by RMS at 101 Miller St, North Sydney NSW and you can contact RMS to request to access or correct it.
PCYC Privacy Statement
PCYC is committed to the Privacy Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
For PCYC to conduct its activities and comply with Government law and regulations, it is necessary to collect and use certain kinds of personal information about Club Members. That information includes the information collected in this Enrolment Form and is a result of being a member.
As much as possible, PCYC will only collect such information directly from you, but me may also collect information from a parent, guardian or third party in certain circumstances such as accidents or incident investigations.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is up-to-date and accurate, complete and secure, and to destroy information when it is not needed.
You may request access to any personal information PCYC holds about you.
PCYC Cancellation, Re-booking & Non-attendance Policy
MODULE ONE: GROUP DISCUSSION
- Every effort will be made to re-book the participant where the participant has requested that the session be rescheduled. If the Learner cannot agree to an alternative date then PCYC will refund 50% of the course fee
- If a Learner cancels a session and notifies PCYC beforehand they will be entitled to a refund of 50% of the course fee
- If a Learner does not show up to the scheduled course without prior notification to PCYC they will not be entitled to any refund
- Late arrivals will not be admitted after 10 minutes after the scheduled Module 1 start time. If the Learner leaves the Module 1 session early then they will be deemed as not completing the Module
MODULE TWO: IN-VEHICLE COACHING
The in-vehicle Coaching Module is specifically designed for two participants. Every effort will be made to re-book the participants where possible. If the participants have completed Module One then:
- If a booked Coaching session is cancelled within the 24 hour period prior to the appointment time then a $75.00 re-booking fee will apply to the Learner cancelling the session
- An alternative session date and time will be agreed to by all parties and must be undertaken within one month of the Module One session date. If this alternative session is cancelled for whatever reason then the course fee will not be refunded and the requirements of the course have not been fulfilled
- If one party decides that they do not wish to continue with the course then every effort will be made to accommodate the other Learner in a Coaching session
- Late arrivals will not be accommodated after the scheduled Module 2 start time and will be deemed as not completing the Module
DRIVERS OF MODIFIED VEHICLES
- Disabled drivers will be catered for with a Coach specially trained in Driver Rehabilitation. The Disabled Driver must participate in a Coaching session with another Learner Driver and then will complete their practical exercises in their own modified vehicle.
- This modified vehicle must be registered, roadworthy and comprehensively insured. The owner of the vehicle agrees to supply this vehicle for the In-vehicle Coaching session